Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Don't Buy Maxtor/Seagate products

I bought a Maxtor external hard drive for my computer about 5 years ago. It had worked fine, up until this past September when I got a new computer. Ever since then, the drive has never been recognised by my new PC. I've sold electronics for many years and also fixed computers for a couple of years. So I called Seagate about it, and the guy tried to make me feel like an idiot. He tried to make me do all kinds of things that I had already tried to do, without any luck. When it finally came to "crunch time" I said "so I guess I'm supposed to just demolish this hard drive?" His response was "you can do what you want to do. Is there anything else I can do for you today?" That goes to show how much they care about their customers and what they want people to do with their hard drives that only lasted 5 years. I'll never buy or suggest anyone buying a Seagate/Maxtor product ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment